Today I wanted to query entities of an Azure Table via REST Api and did not get any results.
Looking over the query over and over again did not solve the problem. Sometimes I did not get any items back.
The “sometimes” depended on the query. I checked each part. Partition Key, string and date columns. Everything looked all right. And then it hit me.
I did not get a result, if there was too much data. Specifying the $top option to 1000 will always return data.
Learning for today: if a filtered query would return too much data, it will not return anything until you implement paging according to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/storageservices/query-timeout-and-pagination