In 2008 I’ve released a Web Part, which enables your users to access files on your fileservers through SharePoint. Original post. This Web Part has been downloaded many times. With this new version, I’ve tried to deal with the most asked questions (like Kerberos), which will make the Web Part easier to use. Naturally new features have been implemented, to get you to upgrade to the new version. With this release, the Web Part requires SharePoint Foundation / Server 2010.
I have updated my FileserverAccess Webpart. added danish language support (thx to Anja) performance tuning Original post
I have update my Fileserver Access Webpart. Tags: SharePoint Webpart
**Update: ** The Webpart is not (yet) working as expected. Ajax only works for postbacks. The initial load will take longer, if you have many directories. I am working on this… **Update2: ** Almost done! Ajax is working fine. Ajax is registered, so you don’t need to modify the web.config yourself. Todo: Performance. Hang on just a little more. **Update3: ** Done. I have worked on my Webpart. It will now be faster and it is working 🙂